The Best Way to Replace Missing Teeth
Losing a tooth can be a traumatic experience. Finding a way to replace it should not be. While there are other options to replace missing teeth such as partial dentures, complete dentures and dental bridges, dental implants are the best solution for tooth loss because there is no other replacement option that will look, feel, function more like your natural teeth.
When people usually refer to dental implants, they are referring to dental implants used to replace a few missing teeth as opposed to all of their teeth. If you are interested in reading about how dental implants can be used to replace all of your teeth or to stabilize your denture, please click this link.
A fully restored single tooth dental implant designed to replace a single tooth has three parts.
- The implant itself is a post that is made of durable titanium and serves as the replacement of the root of the tooth
- The abutment is the connector that connects the implant post to the crown
- The crown is made usually of tooth colored porcelain and is designed to match your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the best option to replace missing teeth. They have many advantages over other replacement options:
- When teeth are extracted, the jaw bone will slowly waste away which can cause many problems in the future. Dental implants allows for better maintenance of bone and your jaw structure.
- Dental implants provide the best esthetic result because they are designed to closely replicate a tooth and can be made virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Because dental implants are made of durable titanium and porcelain, they can be extremely durable and long lasting.